- Mille-feuille-filter removes viruses from water 2016-05-18
- Maria Strømme is dedicated to the possibilities of nanotechnology (in Swedish) 2015-08-24
- ABB uses graphene as lubricant 2015-06-30
- Maria Strømme, professor in nanotechnology, host at "Sommar i P1" 11 August (in Swedish) 2015-06-04
- EELS Workshop Uppsala 2015 2015-05-26
- TV: How to avoid being struck by lightning (in Swedish) 2015-05-12
- Energy for the future - Ministers visists Ångström (in Swedish) 2015-04-10
At the Department of Engineering Sciences you find the following divisions: Applied material science, Applied mechanics, Industrial engineering and management, Electricity, Microsystems technology, Nanotechnology and functional materials, Signals and systems, Solid state electronics, Solid state physics and Quality Science.
We are involved in several larger research collaborations together with researchers from other departments and universities. Our researchers have access to extensive infrastructure of which the Ångström Microstucture Laboratory could be mentioned as the largest.
We offer education at almost all engineering programmes (in Swedish). We are also responsible for the bachelor programme Leadership - Quality Technology - Improvement (in Swedish) and master programmes (in Swedish) within sustainable energy generation and industrial management and innovation. Besides a large number of courses that are only given within the engineering programmes we are also giving independent courses.
Find more information about education at university’s central web
For those who want to immerse themselves in a field of study and conduct research on their own, we offer postgraduate studies.