- The Ångström Initiative on Additive Manufacturing 2018-10-30
- Håkan Engqvist received Hjärnäpplet 2018-10-18
- Popular master programme in “sustainable destination development” 2018-10-01
- Maria Strömme receive the prize “Björkénska priset” 2018-09-28
- International master programme in additive manufacturing 2018-09-19
- Peter Sturesson: the officer who became a PhD 2018-09-18
- Join the international competition SensUs 2018-07-02
- The aim is set on paper batteries in collaboration between Uppsala university and BillerudKorsnäs. 2017-07-02
- CEM4MAT launch and Titan Themis Inauguration 2017-06-13
- Three Teknat researchers awarded scholarships by the King 2017-04-30
Licentiate degree: Jennifer Leijon, ”Wave powered desalination”
Licentiate seminar: Dennis van der Meer, ”Spatio-temporal probabilistic forecasting of solar power, electricity consumption and net load”.
Disputation: Andreas Mattsson, ”Infrared spectroscopy studies of adsorption and photochemistry on TiO2 surfaces
Disputation: Rasmus Luthander
Dissertation: Alex Basu, Ion-crosslinked nanocellulose hydrogels for advanced wound care applications.
Dissertation: Johan Forslund, “Studies of a vertical axis turbine for marine current energy conversion – Electrical system and turbine performance”.
Licentiate degree: Simon Thomas, ”Control of wave energy converters in arrays”
Dissertation: Simon Gustafsson, "Mille-feuille filter: New virus removal filter paper for bioprocessing"
The officer who became a PhD
At the Department of Engineering Sciences you find the following divisions: Applied material science, Applied mechanics, Industrial engineering and management, Electricity, Microsystems technology, Nanotechnology and functional materials, Signals and systems, Solid state electronics, Solid state physics and Quality Science.
We are involved in several larger research collaborations together with researchers from other departments and universities. Our researchers have access to extensive infrastructure of which the Ångström Microstucture Laboratory could be mentioned as the largest.
We offer education at almost all engineering programmes (in Swedish). We are also responsible for the bachelor programme Leadership - Quality Technology - Improvement (in Swedish) and master programmes (in Swedish) within sustainable energy generation and industrial management and innovation. Besides a large number of courses that are only given within the engineering programmes we are also giving independent courses.
Find more information about education at university’s central web
For those who want to immerse themselves in a field of study and conduct research on their own, we offer postgraduate studies.