- The institution's employees receive the NOR award for 30 years of rites and righteousness in the nation's service 2019-05-09
- Researcher Cajsa Bartusch received funding for projects on smart grid 2019-04-16
- Maria Strömme and Håkan Engqvist receive SSF's "Nyttiggörandepris 2018" 2019-04-10
- Prof. Zhen Zhang explains biosensors in a new film 2019-04-04
- Prestiful prize goes to Professor Hana Barankova och Ladislav Bardos 2019-03-01
- Smart patches help us keep track 2019-01-18
- New head of the Department: Åsa Kassman 2019-01-16
- Four new professors at the Department of Engineering Science 2018-12-21
- A new magazine on technology and science and its influence on Uppsala and surroundings 2018-12-13
- New type of glass ceramics provides better oral health 2018-12-12
Disputation: Xi Chen, ”Silicon Nanowire Field-Effect Devices as Low Noise Sensors”
Licentiate seminar: Anna E. Frost "Power transfer in the air gap of linear generators for wave power"
Disputation: Maria Vall, ”Development of nanoporous inorganic carbonates for pharmaceutical and enviromental applications”.
Licentiate seminar: Farnaz Ghajeri, "Characterization of a silica based nano/mesoporous material for adsorption application: A study of the relation between synthesis, structure and adsorption efficiency”
Disputation: Jie Zhao, "Solution-Processable Conductive Graphene-Based for Flexible Electronics".
Disputation: Lukas Jablonka, division: Solid state electronics, "Contacts and Interconnects for Germanium-based Monolithic 3D integrated Circuits”
The officer who became a PhD
We offer education at almost all engineering programmes (in Swedish). We are also responsible for the bachelor programme Leadership - Quality Technology - Improvement (in Swedish) and master programmes (in Swedish) within sustainable energy generation and industrial management and innovation. Besides a large number of courses that are only given within the engineering programmes we are also giving independent courses.
Find more information about education at university’s central web
For those who want to immerse themselves in a field of study and conduct research on their own, we offer postgraduate studies.
At the Department of Engineering Sciences you find the following divisions: Applied material science, Applied mechanics, Industrial engineering and management, Electricity, Microsystems technology, Nanotechnology and functional materials, Signals and systems, Solid state electronics, Solid state physics and Quality Science.
We are involved in several larger research collaborations together with researchers from other departments and universities. Our researchers have access to extensive infrastructure of which the Ångström Microstucture Laboratory(Myfab/MSL) could be mentioned as the largest.